I told you how to install the OS Ubilinux on the Intel Edison board in the last post. I need this system for using the ROS (Robotic Operation System). I also need some functions which doesn’t included to the standard comm version:
- communication between Edison and Arduino Mega through serial port (UART)
- receiving frames from USB-camera and transmitting them with OpenCV support
- getting gamepad commands (XBox or DualShock)
- creating custom message types
Continue reading “The ROS install to the OS Ubilinux”
This post about the Ubilinux installation on the Intel Edison board. The Ubilinux allows you to install the ROS and use its power. Before following this tutorial I recommend to extend partition size of board with an SD card: read this.
1. The Ubilinux installation.
To prepare for the installation we have to install the dfu-util (USB Device Firmware Upgrade). To do this you have to input to terminal on your desktop machine (in my case it is Ubuntu 14.04):
sudo apt-get install dfu-util
Then we should download the Ubilinux from the EmutexLab site and unzip it:
tar xvfz ubilinux-edison-150309.tar.gz
After that we go to the directory and run the firmware script:
Continue reading “Installing the Ubilinux on the Intel Edison board”